Liberty Medicare Heart and Diabetes Plan (HMO C-SNP) is a Chronic Special Needs Plans dedicated to providing personalized care to their members. Liberty Medicare Heart and Diabetes Plan is available to individuals with one or more chronic conditions; such as Cardiovascular Disorders, Chronic Heart Failure, and/or Diabetes. All members get more than what is covered by Original Medicare. Under Liberty Medicare Heart and Diabetes Plan, you will receive all benefits covered under Medicare Part A and Part B, Medicare Part D Prescription Drug Coverage, and many supplemental benefits such as routine hearing and eye exams. Additionally, when you enroll in Liberty Medicare Heart and Diabetes Plan, a customized care team, supported by customize care team will develop, enact, and coordinate your personal care plan. If you or your loved one is eligible, Liberty Medicare Heart and Diabetes Plan can greatly improve the care you receive, resulting in better health and well-being. If you have Diabetes, Chronic Heart Failure, or Cardiovascular Disorders this plan was built for you.
Membership advantages include:
- Medicare Part D Prescription Drug Coverage
- Preventative screenings
- Regular, personalized health status check-ins from your customized care team with the goal of better care coordination and more personalized care which leads to fewer unwanted trips to the hospital
- A personalized care plan that ensures that you are receiving the best and most appropriate care possible
- Open communication between you, your family, your care team
- One point of contact for communication between you, your family, your care team
You have choices with Liberty Medicare Heart and Diabetes Plan
You are eligible to join Liberty Medicare Heart and Diabetes Plan if you have Medicare Part A (Hospital Insurance), Medicare Part B (Medical Insurance), and meet Liberty Medicare Heart and Diabetes Plan’s eligibility requirements.
Liberty Medicare Heart and Diabetes Plan is best suited for people who have one of the following conditions: Diabetes, Chronic Heart Failure, or Cardiovascular Disorders.
2022 C-SNP Benefit Highlights
How much is the monthly premium?
$0 per month. You also must keep paying your Medicare Part B premium.
How much is the deductible?
$0 per year for in-network services.
$0 per year for Part D prescription drugs.
Is there a Maximum Out-Of-Pocket Cost per year?
Yes, similarly to all Medicare plans, we protect you by establishing a maximum amount that you will pay out of pocket for covered services. The yearly Maximum Out-Of-Pocket Cost is $5,000.
After reaching this limit, the plan will pay for all covered services and procedures. Please note: you will still have to pay your monthly premiums and cost-sharing for Part D prescription drugs.
Is there a limit on how much the plan will pay?
The plan does have a yearly coverage limit for certain in-network benefits. Please contact us for more information.
Below is a chart of Benefits that our plan offers. These Benefits are provided in addition to all Original Medicare benefits.
|Podiatry||$0 Copay for 4 routine foot care visits per year|
|Hearing||$0 Copay for routine hearing exam and hearing aid fitting and evaluation + up to $2,400 for hearing aids every three years|
|Vision||$0 Copay for routine eye exam + up to $300 for eyewear every two year|
|Transportation||$0 Copay – You Pay Nothing for 18 one-way trips per year for non-emergency medical services|
|Skilled Nursing||No prior hospitalization required for a skilled nursing stay|
|Meal Preparation||Eligible to receive 2 meals per day for up to 7 days following an acute inpatient stay|
|Personal Care Services||20 hours per quarter with referral from RN Case Manger|
|At Home Monitoring||Remote monitoring of vital signs with referral from RN Case Manger|
|Insulin Coverage||$0 Copay for insulins covered on our formulary|
The Open Enrollment for Institutionalized Individuals (OEPI) is continuous for eligible individuals. You may enroll in Liberty Advantage at any time if you are eligible.
You can join Liberty Medicare Advantage if you have Medicare Part A (Hospital Insurance) and Medicare Part B (Medical Insurance), reside in or are expected to reside in a participating Liberty Advantage facility for 90 days or longer, and meet Liberty Medicare Advantage’s eligibility requirements.
- New Hanover
- Orange County
Participating Nursing Facilities:
- Bermuda Commons Nursing & Rehabilitation Center
- Capital Nursing & Rehabilitation Center
- Liberty Commons Nursing & Rehabilitation Center of Columbus County
- Liberty Commons Nursing & Rehabilitation Center
- Southwood Nursing & Rehabilitation Center
- Liberty Commons Nursing & Rehabilitation Center of Johnston County
- Mary Gran Nursing Center
- Pisgah Manor Nursing & Rehabilitation Center
- Summerstone Health and Rehabilitation Center
- Three Rivers Health & Rehabilitation Center
- Woodlands Nursing & Rehabilitation Center
- Southport Health and Rehabilitation Center
- The Oaks
- Liberty Commons Nursing & Rehabilitation Center of Alamance County
- Liberty Commons Nursing & Rehabilitation Center of Lee County
- Parkview Health & Rehabilitation Center
- Shoreland Health Care & Retirement Center
- Commons at Brightmore
- Warren Hills Rehabilitation & Nursing Center
- Bradley Creek Health Center at Carolina Bay
- Golden Years Nursing Center
- Liberty Commons Nursing & Rehabilitation Center (Racine)
- Liberty Commons Nursing & Rehabilitation Center of Halifax County
- Liberty Commons Nursing & Rehabilitation Center of Rowan County
- Scottish Pines Nursing & Rehabilitation Center
- Westfield Rehabilitation and Health Center
- Louisburg Healthcare & Rehab Center
- Elizabethtown Healthcare & Rehab
- Roxboro Healthcare & Rehab
- Oak Forest Health & Rehab
- Yadkin Nursing Care Center
- The Foley Center of Chestnut Ridge
Ready to Enroll in Liberty Advantage?
If you meet the eligibility criteria, you can enroll at any time, effective the first of the following month.
Call 1-844-854-6884 (TTY 711) to speak with a Liberty Medicare Advantage Representative, or click to download an Enrollment Form below and mail it to us at PO Box 3630, Little Rock, AR 72202.
To connect with a licensed Enrollment Specialist who will assist you with enrollment, please email PQAT@LibertyMedicareAdvantage.com or call 1-844-854-6884.
- Enrollment Form
- Evidence of Coverage
- Pre-Enrollment Checklist
- Summary of Benefits
- Comprehensive Formulary
- Pharmacy Prior Authorization
- Step Therapy Criteria
- Pharmacy Directory
- Request for Redetermination of Medicare Prescription Drug Denial
- Request for Prescription Drug Coverage Determination
- Medication Therapy Management Program
- Prescription Drug Transition Policy
You can search for Drug Take Back programs near you: https://scdhec.gov/household-medicinepharmaceutical-disposal